Spay and Neuter Kansas City (SNKC) is a 501c3 organization, formed in 2002 with a primary goal of promoting affordable spay and neuter services to help decrease pet overpopulation in the Kansas City area. Our program targets areas of the city that receive a higher number of animal control calls. Our primary focus is reducing the surplus of pets that are at highest risk of contributing to pet overpopulation and service those pet owners who cannot otherwise afford such service
Through our spay and neuter, wellness clinic and outreach programs we will: Reduce the number of unwanted and stray animals entering our shelters and help other homeless pets improve their chance at a new and loving home.
To promote responsible pet ownership and improve the lives of pets in our community through education and programs targeted to pet owners truly in need.
We achieve this through:
1. Affordable and subsidized spay neuter programs.
2. Low cost vaccinations and preventative veterinary care.
3. Pet outreach, basic pet supplies, pet food pantry and education on animal care.
Supporting and encouraging preventative spay and neuter programs along with long-term supportive care for these pets in our community will preserve the investment of public support for our programs.
Spay & Neuter Kansas City is a helpful resource in our community that does not judge pet owners based on limited financial resources and does not take animals from their homes. Instead, we educate and assist pet owners to improve their pet’s quality of life, increase the animal-human-bond and make long term positive impacts in our community and animal welfare.
- Saves lives by eliminating unwanted litters and pet homelessness.
- Improve the quality of lives of pets.
- Increases pet retention by keeping animals in their homes with the owners who love them.
- Reduces shelter intake
- Saves local municipalities future incurring costs
- Makes long term impacts in our community
Our success depends on the support of our community, clients and generous donors who support our programs to help save lives.