Join the Movement!
SNKC is now accepting new volunteers!
Thank you for your interest in joining the Spay and Neuter Kansas City volunteer team. Volunteers are a vital part of our organization! We depend on the help of our volunteers to help us meet our goals and demands for our high-volume clinics and our community needs.
Our Volunteer Program, as well as, Families Better Together™ program, offer many volunteer opportunities. Within all of our volunteer opportunities are areas for personal growth and continued education.
- SNKC welcomes any and all volunteers who are committed to supporting our Mission.
- All volunteers are required to attend the agency orientation.
- Volunteer Orientation and Families Better Together™ Orientation are offered monthly.
- Additional training related in the area in which you are interested in volunteering may be required.
- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- We do have limited availability for children age 16 and 17 in our program with parental consent, and both the parent and volunteer must complete an agency orientation.
- Volunteers age 16 and younger must be accompanied by a parental supervisor at all times, and both the parent and volunteer must complete an agency orientation.
- We currently do not accept volunteers required to perform court ordered community service.
- Discounted flea and heartworm preventative*
- Discounted vaccinations and spay/neuter services for personal animals*
- One complimentary SNKC Volunteer Shirt
- Invites to SNKC Volunteer Events
- Access to the SNKC Employee Lounge
* These benefits are only available after completion of set number of volunteer hours.
- Display superior customer service skills by being friendly, respectful and courteous to other volunteers, clients, SNKC employees
- Handle all animals with compassion and care.
- Arrive on time and stay for your entire assigned shift.
- Be aware and respectful of your surroundings.
- Volunteer only for those duties that you are capable of fulfilling correctly and completely.
- Complete required training prior to volunteering independently in an area. Please accept direction, correction or feedback in a positive and constructive manner.
- Please restrict cell phone use while inside the clinic.
VOLUNTEER TRAINING PROVIDED
- Orientation session with our staff is required for ALL potential new volunteers.
- Preventative pet health – volunteers will be educated about common preventable canine and feline diseases and basic vaccination and preventative requirements, and will be expected to retain basic concepts on this topic before progressing to specific training in areas of interest. This basic and useful knowledge is key for functioning as a competent volunteer in our organization.
- Additional specific training will be given in areas of interest, e.g. administration, dog/cat recovery, wellness clinic, pet outreach. This may take the form of one-on-one “on the job” training.
- Computer system training – more than one session may be required.