Join the Movement!
Volunteer. Support. Empower.
Spay and Neuter Kansas City and Families Better Together™ are accepting new volunteers!
Want to join our amazing team of volunteers? Our volunteers play a vital role in the success of our organization, allowing us to reach thousands of pets and their families through targeted community pet outreach programs, spay/neuter, and preventative pet health services. Apply Now!
- Our organization makes it simple for people to get involved, make a difference in their community and become effective community ambassadors. Our volunteer opportunities meet a variety of interests, skills, and availabilities.
- Our civic engagement platform allows people to develop and strengthen new skills. Our volunteers are encouraged to engage in personal growth, new learning objectives, and new experiences.
- We equip volunteers to lead others, to be the voice for their community, and to be the momentum for powerful civic change.
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY FAMILIES AND PETS YOU CAN HELP IN JUST SIX HOURS OF VOLUNTEERING?
With just six hours of time, you can improve the lives of hundreds of families and their pets in your community. Promoting responsible pet ownership, pet retention, and the importance of spay/neuter can help prevent thousands of unwanted litters and homeless pets in the Greater Kansas City area.
Six hours could be:
- Working in our Pet Food Pantry helping feeds hundreds of family pets;
- Networking local resources with our Community Ambassador Team for families who may not have the resources they need for their pets at home;
- Assisting at our Wellness Care Clinic helping animals receive the preventative pet health they need to live long, healthy lives;
- Spent with our T-N-R Team, safely and humanely trapping community feral cats for spay/neuter services to help stabilize the community cat population;
- Served as an Event Ambassador sharing knowledge with the general public about the low-cost services and community programs that are available through Spay and Neuter Kansas City!
VOLUNTEER QUALIFICATIONS Group and episodic volunteer criteria differs
- All potential volunteers must complete a volunteer application as well as pass a background check before an invitation to Volunteer Orientation is extended.
- All volunteers are required to attend the agency orientation.
- All volunteers are required to support the values and mission of Spay and Neuter Kansas City and Families Better Together™.
- All volunteers must have access to a computer and a valid email address.
- All volunteers must be 14 years of age or older*
- *Volunteers whom are 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during all volunteer activities. Both the volunteer and the parent or legal guardian must complete a volunteer application and attend an agency orientation.
- *Volunteers age 15-17 years of age must obtain parental consent to participate in volunteer activities
- All volunteers must commit to a minimum of 6 service hours monthly.
- We currently do not accept volunteers required to perform court ordered community service for violent offenses.
- Discounted flea and heartworm preventative*
- Discounted vaccination services for personal animals*
- Discounted spay/neuter services for personal animals*
- One complimentary Spay and Neuter Kansas City Volunteer Shirt*
- Invites to and recognition at special Spay and Neuter Kansas City Events
- Continuing Education classes and opportunities
- The opportunity to help thousands of animals and their families within our community!
- Volunteers must handle all animals with compassion and care. Volunteers under the age of 18 are not authorized to and will not be allowed to touch or handle any animals.
- Volunteers must be punctual, accountable, and reliable for all volunteer assignments and volunteer shifts.
- Volunteers must be able to understand the mission and message of Spay and Neuter Kansas City and Families Better Together™
- Volunteers must be able to accurately and positively represent SNKC and FBT policies and positions to the public
- Volunteers must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of people without judgment or negativity
VOLUNTEER TRAINING PROVIDED
- A general Volunteer Program Orientation session with our staff is required for ALL potential new volunteers.
- Preventative pet health – volunteers will be educated about common preventable canine and feline diseases and basic vaccination and preventative requirements
- Volunteers will be trained in our SNKC Wellness Care Clinic to better understand the services offered at Spay and Neuter Kansas City as well as to develop a better understanding of feline and canine vaccination schedules.
- Volunteers will be trained in Resource Maintenance to create a greater understanding for clinic needs and clinic preparation
- Additional specific training will be given in areas of interest, e.g. administration, community ambassador, TNR, transport, surgical operative support, community pet outreach. This may take the form of one-on-one “on the job” training.
- Computer system training – more than one session may be required.
- On-site and/or off-site training will be provided for off-site volunteer opportunities
GROUP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
Are you or your organization or business looking for group volunteer opportunities? We have plenty of opportunities for groups of all sizes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group inquiries and more information.