Spay & Neuter Kansas City is seeking Veterinary Clinic Kennel Assistant to join our team. We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of a team, make a difference, understands and supports our mission, clearly understands how important their role is in our organization and the bigger picture. Candidate must have excellent customer service skills and enjoy working with people.
SNKC is a high volume spay neuter clinic. Multi-tasking, efficiency and detail orientated are a must. Opportunities for quick advancement within our organization are available to those who possess the excellent work ethics and support growth and change.
Veterinary Kennel Assistant
Summary Performs variety of animal health care duties to assist Veterinarian and Veterinary Assistant Supervisor in spay neuter and wellness clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in intake and discharge procedures, pre and post op care of animals, monitoring of supplies, and mentoring of volunteers.
- Safely restrains patients for examination, treatment and anesthesia induction.
- Assist in preparation of patients for spay neuter surgery or wellness clinic.
- Monitoring of patients before, during and after surgery to ensure appropriate recovery.
- Practices standard cleaning protocol for prevention of infectious/zoonotic disease
- Organize, clean and sterilize surgical instruments and packs
- Assist in preparation of records for surgery patients
- Keep clinic stocked with supplies necessary for each days clinics. (medical, laundry etc)
- Educate clients on responsible animal care pre- and post-surgery, emphasizing the importance of following the discharge instructions as well as promoting all necessary services for each pet.
- Follows procedures, instructions and all training from Veterinary Assistant Supervisor and Chief Veterinarian/ Clinic Director.
- Learns all aspects of operations of Veterinary Clinic to help support other areas when short staffed or supervisor is not available or away from work.
- Janitorial duties include, cleaning cages, general cleaning of clinic, laundry and other various duties.
- Actively promote our mission, services, programs and events as well as contributes to and participates in all team meetings.
To apply for this position send a resume to SNKC Humane Resource Department. No walk in applicants please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Mail to: PO Box 410303 Kansas City, MO 64141. Position starts at $9.00 an hour and is full time 40 hours a week. SNKC is an equal opportunity employer.