Spay & Neuter Kansas City is seeking a Field Operations Specialist for our Community Outreach Program. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a fun team, make a difference in their community and understands and supports our mission of decreasing the pet overpopulation through low cost spay & neuter services.
This individual may even possess other skills, knowledge or expertise to help support their own drive for career growth within the organization. Ideal candidates must be outgoing, friendly and truly enjoy working with people. They would also be motivated to support and embrace change and growth, have a positive attitude and deliver the highest standards of work ethics. Must be bilingual.
Instructions to apply for this position:
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter to SNKC Human Resource Department. No walk in applicants or phone calls please. Email: Marlan Roberts, Director of Outreach, email@example.com OR Mail to: PO Box 410303 Kansas City, MO 64141.
This position starts at $10 an hour and is full time. Must be Bilingual. Hours are Tuesday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm and Saturday’s 8:00am to 1:00pm. Resume submission deadline is September 12, 2014. MUST HAVE A CURRENT DRIVERS LICENCE, good driving record and the ability to obtain a Class E license within 30 days after start of employment. (To be reimbursed by SNKC upon hire.) Further education paid training may be available after employment: Level I and Level II Training through the National Animal Control Association.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Directly works with and educates pet owners in community on services of SNKC including responsible pet ownership, spay/neuter, pet retention, and wellness care for their pets to promote pet retention and improve the quality of lives of their pets..
- Effectively supports Pet Outreach Program Manager, program and resources, outreach staff/volunteers to meet the mission and goals of program.
- Educate the community on SNKC outreach programs and the importance of utilizing the programs.
- Distributes educational materials in the community.
- Participates in community activities which heighten the awareness of SNKC services – Outreach canvassing, satellite clinics
- Carries out duties as of programs of Outreach; Pet Food Pantry, Food Delivery, Transport Program, Education and Administration.
- Assists or refers pet owners to necessary resources throughout the community.
- Responds to calls and documents all Outreach cases/activity in Avimark
- Abides by all federal, state, and local programs. (State of MO Ag, Vet Board, Missouri Department of Transportation)
- Cross train to provide support in other departments.
SNKC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.